Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fake Pad Thai

One of the quickest meals I can make is this quick shrimp stir fry. Rice noodles, hot red pepper paste, oyster sauce, fish sauce, peanuts, lemon grass, scallions and shrimp. Black sesame seeds to top it off.

Rice noodles don't like to sit long (they get dry and clumpy), so make with a quickness! I generally add a tablespoon each of fish sauce and water to the noodles to loosen them up.


Oyster sauce probably isn't really in pad thai but the shit is so good. Just don't spill fish sauce all over yourself because you'll reek...like rotten fish....This red pepper paste is so good but it is very spicy. It's been a really versatile purchase.


Shrimp, scallions, etc. I found that freezing scallions works very well, which is good cause I never use a whole bunch at once and they get bad so quickly. I just throw them (washed) into a freezer bag, and take one out when I need it. They are quite cuttable when still frozen.


And plated, mmm.

No comments: