Saturday, September 8, 2007

Chicken Adobo Take 2

Take 1 didn't have any photos (oops). That was before I made this blog. From now on I document tho!

Onions and garlic sweating in a little butter:



Mike happily stirring 1:1 soy sauce and vinegar, with spicy red pepper paste, pepprercorns, bay leaves, and fresh ground pepper.



Chicken thighs and breasts added to the mixture. The chicken had been brined for a couple hours beforehand. If you have ever seen the movie Pan's Labyrinth you won't look at chicken skin the same way again. I added some diet doctor pepper too, cause I like it like that.

After simmering the chicken until done (maybe 20 mins or so), panfry it to caramelize the sauce and crisp up the skin.


Them is good, oh yes. Sticky white rice is the perfect partner:


Roasted garlic crushed into olive oil, with salt and red pepper flakes for the fresh bread:


Mostly I think we used the bread to sop up the adobo sauce!

.

No comments: