Saturday, March 1, 2008

Dahi Chicken

I really wanted to recreate the "Monsoon Masala" Dahi Chicken at our favorite Indian restaurant -- while it didn't really come close (at all) it was a very tasty dish!

Trader Joe's was out of white onions, ugh, so we had to use purple. There is also garlic and ginger, red pepper paste (wicked hot) and dried chilies from the farmer's market. Added garam masala too.

Chilies I dried over a few weeks, don't you love the color!!

Cooking the spice paste



Added yogurt -- maybe too much. I was supposed to simmer, I accidently boiled it. It made the mixture separate but it was still tasty.

The nan looks perfect -- thanks Trader Joes!! I didn't make it :)


Finished with cilantro and tomatoes:

1 comment:

IS said...

I love no other bread more than nan! My mouth is watering...